Tuesday, February 23, 2016

K40 laser -- affordable, but kinda scary

There has been so much activity on G+ regarding the K40 "eBay" laser that I had to get on board.  The seller was in the US and should get it to me in less than a week.  Well, you know what?  It came in today, and here is the official unboxing.  I don't have too much to say at the moment, so here are pictures.





CE = Chinese Export
FDA = Fools Da Authorities


Busted vent duct, which I was planning on replacing anyway, plus a duct fan.  At least the duct ends sort of protect the optics.


I think I will be using some OpenBuilds extrusions to build a frame for this.  Something with protective windows, ventilation, and a place to hold the water tank for cooling off the laser.  Needs casters so I can roll it outside to run the cuts.

I hope to have some free time at work eventually, so I can get this thing running!


No comments:

Post a Comment